Saturday, April 11, 2009

Shopping is so sweet....at Sweetleaf Boutique

A gray, damp, rainy Saturday.....I actually would have liked to hunker down at home, but I had Easter errands to run; last minute gifts for the nieces:) Starbucks in East Setauket was my destination. As always, I scan my mental to do list for other errands that need tending to in that neck of the woods. I had a book on hold at the library that was ready for pick-up and I wanted to stop in at the new location for the SweetLeaf Boutique for a top to wear with a suit for Easter dinner in Manhattan. Well I stepped into Sweetleaf Boutique greeted by Kelly, one of the family members who owns and runs this little gem nestled in the Mario's shopping center. (OK...let's not get into the whole Mario's thing....that's another post....the bar at Mario's is an oasis where delicious foods magically appear on the bar at just about midnight when I am definitely due for a snack. Yes, I love Mario's)
Anyway, I just wanted to take a quick look for a small purchase. I don't quite exactly know what happened, but suddenly I was in a fitting room with a scrumptious array of tops, dresses, jeans, and capris. Kelly picked out things I would have never chosen, that were flattering and affordable. I can't actually remember ever having so much fun shopping. Let's face it, shopping can be depressing......or, in this case exhilarating!!! Two hours flew by (by now Kelly had to leave and I was on to pocketbooks with the help of Livia). By the time I left I walked out with a kicky echo friendly, brown reusable bag, Sweetleaf mints, a dress, capris that looked great without being a torture chamber, and a cute floral and blue purse..... all for the price of what just the dress might have cost. Who knew this great little shop was right at my fingertips all along? I am going back next week, and bringing a friend or two......Sweetleaf Boutique is too good to keep to myself.

Visit us at
http://www.threevillagepeople.com

No comments:

Post a Comment